- Major General Manoj Arun Oka, Ex-Student of 1975 batch visited the school and addressed the staff and students. As per his wish, next day also he has visited the school in uniform to address the students in Assembly.
- Parent Teacher Association was formed and the parents were informed about the ongoing new construction project and their role in the improvement of the institution.
- Felicitation of Meritorious students of Class X and XII is arranged. Mrs. Indira Ravindiran, an ex student of 1975 batch was the chief guest
- Mrs. Sunanda Thakre, Mrs. Sumati Bisen and Mrs. Asawari Maste were selected by the State Board for the training program of new syllabus
- R. S. Mundle conducted Ganesh Idol Making competition. 6 students participated Dyaneshwari of VII A won the consolation prize.
- Education Department of zilla parishad had organized Bal Chitra Kala sparda. In all 68 students had participated in the competition.
- LIC of India had organized extempore and drawing competition. Ku. Kamakhya of IX B and Ku. Sana of XC had participated in which Ku. Kamakhya had won the 3rd prize. In the drawing competition Ku. Sakshi Kadwe of VII C had won the 2nd consolation prize. Mas. Tanishque took part in Essay writing competition.
- Late Dr. Ashish P. Bhelwa memorial Elocution and Recitation composition was organized by St.Ursula Girls’ High School. Ku. Kamakhya of Std IX took part in Elocution and Ku. Swarnima Gore of V E in recitation.
- 17 students participated in Navneet Master Stroke.125 students participated in the Wiz National Spell Bee.
- Teachers’ day was celebrated. Ku. Mayuri Kale and Mas. Manish Yadav of XD was the Headmistress and Headmaster for the day.
- Nagpur District Amature Athletic Association organized Inter School Athletic competition at Nagpur University ground. 4 students participated in the competition. Ku. Chanchal Laddhad of X stood II in Javelin throw U -16 girls category and qualified for division level. In division level competition she stood 1st and qualified for state level competition.
- Drawing competition was organized by Rajaram Sitaram Dixit Library, 60 students participated. 9 students were selected for the second level from KG to Std. VII
- On Childrens’ day, value based movies were shown to the students through LCD Projector.
- For Class V, VI & VII picnic is arranged on 25th Nov 2016.
- Highlighting the effects on Cancer Dr. Ajay Omprakash Mehta who is a consulting surgeon and Director at N.S.R. M Hospital Nagpur gave a lecture on the topic various Types of cancer and its prevention.
- Jyotish Club Nagpur had organized the Geeta Chanting competition at R. K. Vidya Mandir in which Ku. Bhoomika Kothari won a consolation prize of Rs. 500
- Delhi Public School Nagpur had organized an essay writing and Painting competition in which, Ku Sana Thombre of X C and Ku. Falguni Rajankar of X D participated.
- An inter school Sanskrit Sloka Chanting competition was organized by B. K. V. V School, three students participated in the competition.
- An Exhibition cum Quiz competition on the lifestyle of Shri J. R. D. Tata was organized by the Tata Group of J N Tata Parsi Girls High School on 18th Nov 2016, 60 students of Std. X participated and 18 students won prizes.
- South Point School had organized the Students’ Conclave on 17th Nov and 18th Nov 2016 in which Ku. Sana Thombre of XC and Ku. Kamakhya Nadge of Std. IX B presented their papers on different topics.
- Sindhi Women’s Organization conducted an interschool quiz competition for the students of X standard at Gurunanak High School. The following students participated and won 2nd prize.
(I) Mas. Sahil Gobade
(II) Mas. Chaitanya Gadekar
(III) Ku. Mauri Kale
(IV) Mas. Manish Yadav
Trophies and Medals were awarded to the students.
- St. Johns High School had conducted an interschool science quiz competition in which Mas. Himanshu Wagh and Mas. Bhagesh Charpe participated and won certificates.
- Numeromagic was organized at Blind Relief Association, Mundle School for the students from Std. V to Std. VIII, 4 students in various categories participated and won participation certificates.
- Bal Jagat had organized a drawing competition on 25thDecember 2016. 6 students from various categories participated in the competition.
- Sandipani School had organized a Read and Grow Competition in which the following students participated from the respective classes.
Ku. Gauri Deshpande Std. VI
Ku. Kritika Iyer Std. VI
Mas. Pratyay Dhond Std. VIII
Mas. Chaitanya Pitale Std. VIII
- Nearly 90 students qualified the first round of Spell Bee and about 63 students are going to participate in the II level to be held in 2 ndweek of January.
- Prize distribution function of Rajaram Dixit library was recently held at Indian Water Works Hall, Shankar Nagar. 36 students won the prizes in V, VI, VII categories.
- On the occasion of Shri Geeta Jayanthi, Hindu Gyanpeeth Convent had organized a Sanskrit Pathantar inter school competition. Following students participated and won certificates in the respective categories.
Mas. Rishi Mishra V to VII Category
Ku. Bhumika Kothari VIII to X Category
- Bhartiya Krishna Vidya Vihar organized an inter school Sanskrit Sloka competition for Classes V, VI, VII and VIII. Ku. Sanjana Bhalerao of VII A participated in the competition and got a participation certificate.
- Inter school debate competition was organized for the students of VIII and IX in which Ku. Shrutika G. Dahikar of IX B and Ku. Tanushree Ramteke of IX E participated in the competition.
- In Bal Darbar Drama competition organized by Bhawans’, Civil Lines Nagpur. Our school students participated in the competition and Mrs. Sumati Bisen received a certificate and the memento for the script.
- Maharashtra Bharat Scout and Guides conducted Rajya Purskar Testing Camp at State Training Centre, at Nagarjun, Ramtek from 3rd December to 6th December 2016 for Scouts and from 9th December to 12th December 2016 for Guides.
- The following students appeared for the Rajya Purskar Test along with their Scout master Shri. Mahesh Molkar and Guide teacher Ms. Sanyukta Gupta
1.Mas. Atharva Khandayit - IX C
2.Mas. Shubham Sathwane - IX E
3.Mas. Sudarshan Patharkar - IX D
4.Mas. Saharsh Patil - IX D
1. Ku. Sakshi Birzare - IX A
2. Ku. Nupur Nathdala - IX E
3. Ku. Asawari Kayande - IX E
4. Ku. Supriya Patle - IX D
5. Ku. Simran Chonde - IX C
- Scout investiture ceremony was held on Saturday 19th December 2016 for the students of Std. VIII. 42 students were given scarf and woggle. An oath taking ceremony was also conducted.
- 'Times of India’ organized a musical fest “TIMES ENSEMBLE” in which ten students from class VI to IX participated in the competition under the guidance of music teacher Mrs. Rupali Baxi.
- Zilla Parishad organized a meeting at Kurves High School related to Science Exhibition in which our staff member Mrs.Vaishali Gujar participated.
- Sandipani School conducted ‘Read & Grow’ competition in which Ku. Gauri Deshpande of Class VI E was the school topper.
- 63 students from secondary school participated in Spell Bee competition level II.
- Sanmitra Sabha had organized a patriotic group song competition. Among the14 schools participated in the competition our school bagged the III prize and the trophy along with certificates.
- National Civil Defence College Nagpur organized ‘Disaster Psycho Emotional Management Programme’ for school teachers. From our school Mrs. Pushpa A. & Shri. Shailendra Thakur attended the one day seminar.
- ‘Night Sky observation’ session was arranged at our school in co-ordination with Dr. Shivaswaroop Regional Director IGNOU. Astronomical telescope was setup at A-block terrace. VIII & IX standard students attended (240) the programme.
- 1988 batch students conducted interview of the students and selected 2 students. One from academic and one from sports and awarded Rs. 5000/- cash prize each on 26th January 2017.
- A special parents meeting was organized for the parents of girls students of VIII, IX & X standard. It was well attended and appreciated.
- School administration has written letters to police stations to introduce patrolling system at the end the school. The letter was considered and the response is positive.
- To create more interest amongst the students with respect to Sanskrit language appropriate steps are introduced during assembly time.
- To improve the language skill amongst the V, VI & VII standard students spelling, storytelling, sentence formation etc competitions are introduced.
- The intra-school classical dance competition introduced by Mrs. Shyamala Rao, ex teacher was organized. Nine students participated. Following students won the prizes in respective categories.
Junior Category                           Senior Category
I Prize - Ku. Ruhi Waghade           I Prize - Ku. Akshaya Iyer
II Prize - Ku. Ananya Shrivas       II Prize - Ku. Devki Deshpande
III Prize - Ku. Riddhi Polarkar       III Prize - Ku. Divya Raut
The Running Trophy was won by Ku. Akshaya Iyer.
- Around 200 students appeared for the Sanskrit Prabhodini examination conducted by Sanskrit sabhagraha.
- Mas. Arjun Dinakaran of Class V, participated in the Karate coaching camp held at Nepal, the camp was organized by Nepal Olympic Association, Nepal Government.
- On 26th January, 6 students of Class X who represented school in different sports activities in National Level were honoured.
- Head Master conducted a training session for middle school mathematics teachers
- Mrs. Archana Rao and Miss. Manasi Muly attended a session organized by PEACE on ‘The ways to handle ADHD students’. Session was conducted by Psychologist Dr. Zarina Khan.
- Mrs. Shubhangi Uikey, Mrs. Priya Tayde and Mrs. Vaishali Jagtap attended a one day session on ‘Identify the Teacher in you’ organized by Education Department.
- Supervisor Shri. Uday Tulankar and Army wing NCC officer Mrs. Trupti Rathi attended the meeting organized by NCC Army wing.
- Two ex-students (Mr. Deepak Agrawal & Mrs. Sakshi Agrawal) of 1995 batch contributed the amount of Rs. 10000 for the development of institution.
- Mr. Gaurav Agrawal, ex-student of 1996 batch instituted the cash prize of Rs. 25000 for Student Adoption Scheme.
- Mrs. Sunanda Thakre, supervisor, due to retire in the month of October 2017 has donated Rs. 51000/- as an endowment fund. Every year during Republic Day one best student each from NCC Air Wing, NCC Army, Scout, Guide, Music, Instrument Player to be awarded a Certificate and a memento.
- Mr. Venkatesh Krishnamurthy has contributed Rs. 25000/- towards endowment fund which is to be used for Students Adoption Scheme.
- On Republic Day, 6 students were honored by SIES for their performance in various national level sports.
- Air Wing NCC group organized the Road Safety Awareness programme for NCC Air Wing, Army Wing, Scout & Guide by Flt. Lt. Kedar Chimote on 15th January 2017.
- 26 students of NCC army wing attended the NCC camp organized by NCC unit.
- 6 cadets of Scout and Guide of Saraswati Vidyalaya who are currently in Class IX of various institutions received Rashtrapati Puraskar for their performance.
- Mr. Mahesh Molkar, Scout Master attended District Level Scout Camp as a Master Trainer.
- 50 students of IX standard NCC Army Wing Cadets appeared for ‘A’Certificate exam on 24.01.17
- Ku. Kamakhya & Ku. Saraswati won II prize in Interschool Science talk organized by Hadas High School.
- Students participated in Founder’s day programme organized by SIES on 19th Feb’ 17.
- Ku. Akshaya Iyer and Mas. Adinth Jagtap was selected for Late Shri. Nandagopal Mudliar memorial prizes for their performance on Founders Day Celebration.
- Raisoni School had organized a Science challenge competition for the student of class X. Mas. Ankush Mishra of X E and Ku. Prathishta Dhole of class X A won the 1st & 2nd prize respectively.
- SSC & HSSC student’s farewell held on 25th Feb’17.
- Mrs. Prema Ramaswamy appointed as AHM w.e.f. from 1st Feb’ 17.
- Internal examination for all subjects & aptitude test are completed for SSC batch.
- Yoga practice session is introduced during assembly on Saturday at Shankar Nagar for secondary department students. Free service is being offered by Shri. Janardhan Swamy Yoga Abhyas Mandal.
- IGNOU Nagpur centre organized a meeting to celebrate “Mathru Basha Diwas” on 21st February as announced by UNESCO, followed by UGC. From our school S.Prabhuraman, Mrs Jyostna and Mrs Resmi Umesh attended the meeting on invitation. They represented Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam languages respectively.